Printing Blog Not Allowed Texas Animal Sanctuary Underworld: Why Bother?

July 18, 2009

Why Bother?

I don't even know why I bother contacting the USDA any more regarding animal deaths.  I cannot get it through Dr. Pannill's head that every time a WAO animal dies, the pseudo-director calls the WAO's vet to request a death certificate.  The vet doesn't even look at the animal, so the pseudo-director makes up whatever she wants for the cause of death portion of the certificate.  This is sick.

To: elizabeth.c.pannill@usda.gov
Cc: Robert.M.Gibbens@usda.gov
Sent: Sat, July 18, 2009 8:21:27 AM
Subject: WAO - Additional Big Cat Animal Deaths

Dear Dr. Pannill:

Since there would be little value in requesting an investigation into the deaths of Vivi (9 month old tiger cub) who died last week and the adult male tiger who died two days ago, (seeing how all the "paperwork" will undoubtedly be on file with Dr. Ehrlund's office), I thought you might want an update on the latest unusual deaths at the Wild Animal Orphanage, so you can adjust your records. http://www.sanantoniolightning.com/vivi2.html

It is my understanding Dr. Erhlund wants the body of the adult male tiger to be sent to TVMDL as soon as possible.

Regards,

Kristina Brunner

Needless to say, my co-workers think I'm crazy for pursuing this case. My friends want me to stop because they see what this case is doing to me mentally and physically.  The OAG has done nothing to stop the pseudo-directors from going crazy with the sanctuary's funds and the USDA could care less if the animals lived or died.  So why am I bothering?  I had one friend ask me why I put so much faith in God when He obviously does not care if the animals lived or died at the pseudo-sanctuary too.  She wanted to know why I continued to bother with this case since it appears everyone is against me.

After a few thoughtful seconds, I told her that it was not God killing the animals, but the pseudo-sanctuary's board of directors.  God loves these animals and when they pass away He will be there with open arms to welcome them home.  In the meantime, God continues to give me the strength and courage to carry on despite all the nay-sayers who said I should quit the animal case.

I guess with everything going on right now, this song sums up how I feel right now...


Thank you, God, for always being there for me and the animals...  I will get through this storm.